Wednesday, Jan. 2
- The Portsmouth Tree Commission will be meeting Wednesday, Jan. 2 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Port City Café. On the agenda will be the review of tree purchasing for Second Street, the review of delivery option and planting schedule, the review of tree stump removals and also the consideration of further tree purchases and related expenses in 2013.
- Morgan Township Board of Trustees will hold their organizational meeting.
Thursday, Jan. 3
- A special session of Portsmouth City Council will be held Thursday, Jan. 3 to consider candidates for the Fifth Ward council seat vacancy. The session will begin at 6 p.m. in the city building.
- Regular council meeting for the village of New Boston will be held at 6:30 p.m. due to the Jan. 1 holiday.
Friday, Jan. 4
- The organizational meeting of the Nile Township Board of Trustees will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Nile Township Trustees office.
Saturday, Jan. 5
- -The 2013 organizational meeting of the Porter Township Trustees will be held Jan. 5 at 10 a.m. with the regular meeting to be held immediately thereafter. Meetings are held in the meeting hall located at 1535 Dogwood Ridge in Wheelersburg.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Scioto County Commissioners will be today (Jan. 8).
The organizational meeting of the Northwest Regional Water District Board will be held at the Thomas E. Slye Annex located at 123 Smith Street in McDermott.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
- The Organizational Meeting of the Minford Board of Education will be held at 6 p.m. in the Minford High School Media Center.
Thursday, Jan. 10
- The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting at 6 p.m.