By Portia Williams
A great lineup of live entertainment is scheduled to perform at the 44th Annual Pike County Dogwood Festival. The festival kick off will be at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 24, and the Opening Ceremony will be held from 6 to 6:30 p.m. on the Village Green in Piketon.
Dennis Foreman, president of the Dogwood Festival Committee, said they are anticipating the event will be bigger and better than ever. Foreman said this year’s Grand Marshal will be Alice Ward.
“We are expecting it to be great. We have entertainment tents, crafters’ tents, rides, a car show, and delicious festival foods, and a lot more,” Foreman said. The festival is also set to include royalty contests, and well as the Grand Parade.
The Dogwood Festival live entertainment line up will feature We Are Leo, a Top 40 Christian rock band.
“The musical entertainment will offer a host of talent. On Sunday, people can come out and see a Top 40 Christian band, ‘We are Leo’ that is set to play on Sunday at 1 p.m., that way people can go to church, and still come out and see Top $0 Christian band on a Sunday,” he said.
Rock/electro-pop is the genre for We Are Leo, of Kenosha, Wisc., and they are signed with Dream Records. The members include, David and Johnny Duffield, Doug Weier, and Andrew Alojipan.
Country music artist, Clark Manson is another uprising musician to featured in the festival.
“Clark Manson just got a really big break and signed up with Willam-Morris Endeavor, its an entertainment booking company that is huge. Clark is from northern Ohio, and went to school at Wittenberg University, and is a phenomenal musician,” Foreman said.
Foreman said his own background and expertise in the field was helpful in booking popular performers for the festival.
“I have played in a band, and have travelled all around the country, so I know a lot about the music industry,” he said.
He said the Dogwood Festival entertainment will provide something for everyone.
“I just think that you have to something for everybody, everyone deserves to have something,” he said. He said they are looking forward to all of the musical artists that they have scheduled, and believes the community will enjoy the performances.
Live entertainment for Friday April 25:
- Danny Ratcliff — 12:30 p.m. - Gazebo
- Brad Masten — 1:30 p.m.Gazebo
- Sonny and June Carpenter — 2:30 p.m. Gazebo
- Fun Bunch Cloggers — 5 p.m.- 6 p.m. Gazebo
- N’Step Dance Studio, of Chillicothe — 6 p.m. Gazebo
- Friday, April 25 on the Main Stage entertainment will include
- New Outlook Bluegrass — 4 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Main Stage
- Thomas Dirk — 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Main Stage
- Kendall Phillips, — 7:30 p.m. Main Stage - 2006 contest for the popular television show, ‘American Idol’, a rising country musician from Indiana and a member of the Country Music Association.
Saturday, April 26
- Uptown Bluegrass — noon - 2 p.m. - Main Stage
- Branch Rickey Impersonator — 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Odd Fellows Lodge
- Dogwood Pass Live Performance — 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. - Zebulon Street
- Third Grader Recorder Masters — 2:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Main Stage
- Hicky Wind — 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Main Stage
- Dogwood Pass Live Performance — 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Zebulon Street
- Chad Rhinehart and Stephanie Stanley — 5 p.m. to 6 pm. - Main Stage
- PS I Love Dance Artistic — 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Gazebo
- Clark Manson — 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Main Stage
Sunday, April 27
- We Are Leo - Top 40 Christian band - 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Main Stage
For more information regarding the 44th Annual Dogwood Festival email Dennis Foreman at: email@example.com.
Portia Williams can be reached at 740-353-3101, ext. 286, or on Twitter @PortiaWillPDT.