By Portia Williams
Hill View Retirement Center will be holding a grand opening for a new state of the art Rehabilitation Center. Tours will be available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m .on Friday, Dec. 4.
Hillview’s skilled nursing care offers 72 Medicare and Medicaid certified skilled beds. Hillview offers Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy.
Mary Warnock, MOT, OTR/L, CDP Director of Rehabilitation of Hill View, said the new Rehab Center will offer three types of therapy.
“Right now we are just doing skilled therapy. Which means that you come into the facility and stay, we are not doing outpatient at the moment,” We provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy,” Warnock said. “We are really excited about this new facility, and are looking forward to the grand opening, and opening the doors to the community.”
Among what is a plethora of services and state of the art equipment the Rehab Center will offer includes the following:
New state of the art Synchrony Dysphagia Solutions by ACP. With the new Synchrony program. Hillview now has leading-edge technology to help Speech Therapist’s treat patients with dysphagia, and provide new treatment options for short term rehab patients and long term residents. Left untreated, dysphagia can lead to serious medical complications including dehydration, malnutrition and aspiration pneumonia.
- Therapy provides Ultrasound which assists in the treatment of tissue healing, tendinitis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness, arthritis, contractures and slow healing wounds.
- Therapy also provides shortwave Diathermy which assists in treatment of soft tissue injuries, slow healing wounds, arthritis, joint pain, stiffness, scar tissue and contractures.
- Therapy provides “PENS” electrical stimulation which assists with muscle re-education, stroke recovery, joint replacement, bladder control and Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis.
- A team of therapists have 25 plus years of rehab experience.
- A new gym is about 1000 square feet with new equipment.
The grand opening will coincide with the annual Holiday Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. that occurs in the Independent Living/Forest Room area of the facility. The Bazaar consists of crafts, baked goods and candy shoppe, book sale, vintage furnishings, and lunch at 12:30 p.m. in the Oak Dining Room, $10 each. Lunch consists of open faced turkey sandwich, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry gelatin salad, peanut butter mousse cake and drink.
According to Warnock proceeds benefit Hill View Resident Council and Hill View Auxiliary.
For more information regarding the grand opening call 740-354-3135.
Reach Portia Williams at 740-353-3101, ext. 1929, or on Twitter @PortiaWillPDT.