Garage catches on fire


By Frank Lewis - [email protected]



Garage, in the process of being torn down, on Winchester Avenue in Sciotoville, caught fire Friday afternoon


Members of the Portsmouth Fire Department poured water on a burning garage at the rear of 5396 Winchester Ave. in Sciotoville Friday afternoon.

Amber, who did not want to reveal her last name, said the garage belonged to her mother and she is not sure how the fire started.

“We were tearing it down and you can see we were putting the wood on that trailer to take it away,” she told the Daily Times. “There were two lawn mowers in there and some gasoline.”

She said she was also told there was an electric line involved, but no cause was officially known.

Garage, in the process of being torn down, on Winchester Avenue in Sciotoville, caught fire Friday afternoon
http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/web1_BldgFire.jpgGarage, in the process of being torn down, on Winchester Avenue in Sciotoville, caught fire Friday afternoon

By Frank Lewis

[email protected]

Reach Frank Lewis at 740-353-3101, ext. 1928, or on Twitter @franklewis.

Reach Frank Lewis at 740-353-3101, ext. 1928, or on Twitter @franklewis.

comments powered by Disqus