By Frank Lewis
August 1, 2013
PDT Staff Writer
What had been considered a possible abduction attempt on a child in Scioto County has now been ruled out as such an incident.
Scioto County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Todd Miller told the Daily Times, at approximately 9 a.m. Thursday, the Sheriff”s Office received a call from a motorist on Ohio 139 that advised he had come up behind a white truck stopped in the road, in a yard approximately 25 yards from the truck he saw a young girl, “we know now age 6,” that had taken a couple steps toward the white truck. As the motorist came up behind the White truck it continued north on Ohio 139.
Miller said the motorist was able to provide authorities with a North Carolina license plate that is registered to a business in North Carolina.
“We have spoken to the young girl,and have located the driver and spoke to him regarding the incident and at this time we have no reason to believe this was an attempted abduction and the case has been closed,” Miller said.
Frank Lewis may be reached at 740-353-3101, ext. 252, or at email@example.com. For breaking news, follow Frank on Twitter @FrankLewisPDT.