Thursday, Jan. 10
- The Scioto County Children Services Board will hold their regular Board meeting at 9:30 a.m. at the New Boston Village offices, Council Room, 3980 Rhodes Avenue, New Boston.
- The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting at 6 p.m.
- The Valley Local Board of Education will meet in special session at 7 p.m. for the purpose of considering the filing of a vacancy on the Board.
- The Portsmouth City School Board of Education will hold its 2013 Organizational Meeting at 7 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room at Portsmouth High School, 1225 Gallia Street.
Monday, Jan. 14
- The Valley Local Board of Education will meet as follows:
6 p.m. - Public hearing on the tax budget
6:30 p.m. - Organizational meeting
7 p.m. - Regular board meeting
Thursday, Jan. 17
- Retirees of the Piketon Plant, both hourly and salary, are invited to meet for their monthly luncheon at 11 a.m. at Gatti’s Pizza, located at 1658 11th Street in Portsmouth. Spouses are also encouraged to attend. This group meets on the third Thursday of each month. For more information, call 740-897-2863 or 740-897-2457.
Friday, Jan. 18
- The Southern Ohio Social Work Association and Health Care Alliance will meet at South Shore Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for a planning meeting.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- The Scioto County Veterans Service Commission will be holding their bi-monthly meeting at 10 a.m. at the Veterans Service Office, 612-6th Street, Suite A.
- There will be a Cultural Affairs meeting at the Portsmouth Publics Library meeting room from 6 to 7:45 p.m.