- PWES students visit courthouse and State Park - 3:27 pm
- DeWine report says 49 children have been reported missing in Scioto County - 2:20 pm
- Husted links freedom with responsibility - 9:20 am
- Husted touts online registration - 4:55 pm
- Alzheimer’s Association reaches out to community - 3:51 pm
- Cupcake Wars winners receive statewide certificate - 1:30 pm
- Sewer collapse could cost $70,000 - 12:23 pm
- City Sewer Fund deficit continues to baloon - 12:12 pm
- Click It or Ticket campaign kicks off - 5:22 pm
- Ribbon-cutting held at Hill View - 4:12 pm
- Flower project brings beauty to Grayson - 3:13 pm
- Hillcrest Children’s Home Reunion set for Aug. 20 - 2:39 pm
- View Post - 2:38 pm
- Mandated accreditation hits health department in the purse - 1:40 pm
- Fire causes extensive damage to Jackson Hewitt - 12:06 pm updated: 12:58 pm.
- National Mental Health Month - 11:16 am
- AAA: more than 38 million americans expected to travel this memorial day weekend - 10:47 am
- Injury Crash SR 32 - 9:35 am
- Fatal Crash West Portsmouth Ohio - 9:33 am
- Do not be alarmed - 2:40 pm
- Scioto County Youth recognized - 1:00 pm
- Sunshine Storage to add a flea market to the business - 12:10 pm
- Kathy Milligan to Retire - 12:07 pm
- First Farmer’s Market fares well - 5:16 pm
- Transgender access denied - 3:45 pm updated: 2:59 pm.
- Scioto County courts receive nearly $100,000 - 4:35 pm
- Scooter lady saga continues - 3:58 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- Cleanup events scheduled - 3:50 pm
- Attorney General’s Committee studies law enforcement pursuits - 3:45 pm
- ‘Senior Day Out’ is a hit at Welcome Center - 2:39 pm
- Sanders accepted in Naval Academy - 2:36 pm
- ‘Revive Conference’ to be held May 27-29 - 2:33 pm
- “Bring Your ‘A’ Game” at MHS - 2:08 pm updated: 2:58 pm.
- Rosemount litter removal - 1:44 pm updated: 3:27 pm.
- Heavy equipment being used on Third Street project - 1:33 pm
- Olympic Rally results - 1:22 pm
- Federated Democratic Women Spring Picnic held - 11:04 am
- Transgender restroom usage talks begin in Flatwoods - 8:59 pm updated: 9:16 pm.
- Osteopathic medicine honored - 4:01 pm
- Former Jackson, Ohio pastor, Dennis Wright, gets life in prison - 3:52 pm
- Woman dodges traffic on scooter - 3:49 pm
- Strength in numbers - 3:28 pm
- Fund says city owes pension payments - 3:13 pm updated: 3:43 pm.
- Osman awarded for 50 years - 2:49 pm updated: 8:00 pm.
- Fresh finds at the Farmer’s Market - 1:40 pm
- Ohio man sentenced to 30 years in Arkansas for sex crime - 8:34 pm
- OSHP reports Scioto County fatality - 4:14 pm
- Time travelling at Minford Middle School - 3:46 pm
- Cyber thieves beware - 3:38 pm
- Portsmouth’s Little – What? - 1:05 pm
Click It or Ticket campaign kicks off
Some things are just second nature to us. We are all, in some way, creatures of habit. But even though it seems like something you do instinctively, f...
Flower project brings beauty to Grayson
GRAYSON, Ky. — Flower baskets were recently hung on Main Street in Grayson as a part of a beautification project that has been in the making for...
Hillcrest Children’s Home Reunion set for Aug. 20
WEST PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — The Hillcrest Children’s Home Annual Reunion is set for Saturday, Aug. 20, 2016, at 11 a.m. The event will be held...
On Monday May 16th over 500 students from 6 different Scioto County Schools visited Shawnee State Forest to participate in a Forestry Field Day sponso...
Mandated accreditation hits health department in the purse
The Scioto County Health Department intends to seek accreditation, but at what cost? The National Accreditation Association for Public Health, out of ...
Wheelersburg Lady Pirates win third straight district title, defeat Valley, 4-0
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — For the third straight year, the Wheelersburg Lady Pirates have captured an OHSAA Division III Southeast District Championsh...
Minford’s Shawn Mersiel signs to play baseball with Shawnee State University
MINFORD, Ohio — Shawnee State University has lured another local athlete to stay close to home, as Minford’s Shawn Mersiel has decided to ...
Clay falls to Symmes Valley in district finals, 8-1
MINFORD, Ohio — The Clay Lady Panthers were defeated by the Symmes Valley Lady Vikings Monday evening in the OHSAA Division III Southeast Distri...
Area players play in North-South game
Four local high school athletes competed in the 71st Annual North-South All-Star Classic last month in Dayton, Ohio. Sam Hall, Jake Darnell, Jordan Ho...
Smallmouth fishing on Lake Cumberland
I can’t give you an updated personal account on Lake Cumberland because I haven’t fished it since four years ago this month, but from all ...
Wheelersburg defeats Adena 1-0 for district championship
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — The Wheelersburg Pirates have done it again, for the ninth consecutive season, the Pirates have captured an OHSAA Division I...
Eye care throughout the ages
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — Opened in 1916, Babcock Eye Care celebrates four generations of family and 100 years of business this month.The Babcock famil...
‘Back in Thyme’ opens in Burg
WHEELERSBURG, Ohio — Specializing in rustic home decor, primitive designs and floral arrangements, ‘Back in Thyme’ a new store in Wh...
Scioto Foundation Annual Meeting 2016
The Scioto Foundation’s Annual Meeting took a new twist this year with the presentations by two speakers who focused on the subject of economic ...
Notre Dame student Alyssa Hiles raises over $3,500 for the Autism Project of Southern Ohio
Over $3,500 was donated to the Autism Project of Southern Ohio on May 12.Alyssa Hiles, in collaboration with Subway and Market Street Cafe, raised the...
It’s been a busy couple weeks at the Southern Ohio Port Authority.
First, I traveled to San Diego to attend the Foreign Direct Investment World Summit. At the same time, Adam Phillips and Mike Payton attended the Ohio...
I’m proud of where I’m from
Despite its many challenges and past experiences, we live in a great community.We live in a community that’s had a rich past and have done a goo...
Easter is over, now what?
Easter Sunday in many churches is such a spectacular sight to behold.On this religious holiday many churches experience an influx of visitors, and eve...
We aren’t just a strong community, we are family
A reoccurring comment I receive from people, from my past days as a staff writer for the Daily Times, to my current position as executive director of ...
Whatever happened to civility?
It was refreshing this week to hear the winner of a primary race speak so highly of their opponent.After Portsmouth attorney Valarie Gerlach defeated ...
Totalitarians In Disguise was published
Has there ever been common ground among opposing factions? Maybe, but it’s seldom, for light cannot dwell with darkness nor can oil cohere with ...