- Pike murders still a focus of Ohio AG Mike DeWine - 2:53 pm
- Warrant execution nets one arrest and seizure of drugs and cash - 2:33 pm
- Foundation awards nearly $400,000 - 2:16 pm
- Ishmael-Eizman receives Beautification Award - 1:58 pm
- Suspected drugs found after arrests - 12:04 pm
- Saturday free movie night at Lett Terrace - 4:17 pm
- Bypass under construction for one year - 2:55 pm
- Life on the road - 2:44 pm
- Gary Snyder 2016 scholarships awarded - 2:05 pm
- Donations needed to support student programs - 1:13 pm
- Does “prayer” have a prayer? - 12:32 pm
- High speed chase results in arrest of Jeff Carver - 12:22 pm
- Deon Crawford indicted in bank robbery - 12:17 pm
- City to begin thermoplastic markings project - 12:11 pm
- Bevins arrested in Wheelersburg burglary - 12:01 pm
- Fugitive from justice is arrested - 3:38 pm
- Masonic lodge awards scholarships - 3:09 pm
- Preschool receives $100,000 grant - 2:49 pm
- Reach Frank Lewis at 740-353-3101, ext. 1928, or on Twitter @franklewis. - 1:40 pm updated: 6:24 pm.
- Junior Fair Queen royalty named - 12:55 pm
- Kevin W. Johnson to re-introduce flood defense levy - 12:54 pm updated: 1:53 pm.
- Clifford stands strong - 12:47 pm
- ‘Break the Chains’ event coming - 10:42 am
- View Post - 9:51 am
- View Post - 4:53 pm
- 911 Good Samaritan bill becomes law - 4:05 pm updated: 4:05 pm.
- Multi-agency law enforcement blitz nets several arrests - 3:46 pm
- Artistry and entertainment at GGAC Final Fridays - 3:32 pm updated: 9:07 am.
- The absence of common sense today - 2:31 pm
- Local reaction to gun control legislation - 12:56 pm
- Area teacher evaluation scores increase - 11:34 am
- View Post - 4:55 pm
- Scioto County Sheriff’s Office trying to locate Jeff Carver - 4:54 pm
- Relay For Life event held at fairgrounds - 4:38 pm
- View Post - 4:08 pm
- Former Times photographer, Graham, passes away - 2:54 pm
- ‘Touch-a-Truck’ adventurous for kids - 2:50 pm
- New law stiffens penalties for career criminals - 1:42 pm
- Local title holders win state - 1:34 pm
- Raison: House fire was intentionally set - 11:33 am
- City owes Pension Board $285,000 - 2:13 pm
- Ask The Experts - 12:03 pm
- For I was hungry and you gave me food, - 2:53 pm
- Kalb makes Mound Park building her life’s work - 1:18 pm
- Seventies PHS grads give back - 11:53 am
- Scioto Co. deputies face standoff at gunpoint - 11:32 am updated: 3:04 pm.
- DELAY IN DELIVERY - 8:58 am
- Open Forum will minister to marriages and couples - 1:10 am
- Meth lab leads to stand off in Sciotoville - 11:34 pm
- Environmental sampling data at DOE Portsmouth online - 5:24 pm
Gary Snyder 2016 scholarships awarded
PIKETON – Five local high school seniors recently received college scholarships from the Gary W. Snyder Memorial Scholarship Fund, sponsored by ...
Donations needed to support student programs
The summer is upon us and schools are finished another year; but the next fiscal year is just beginning and the Gifted Services Department of the Sout...
Does “prayer” have a prayer?
The proposal to return prayer to Ohio schools has suffered a setback. On Wednesday, the Ohio Attorney General’s Office rejected the petition for...
High speed chase results in arrest of Jeff Carver
The Scioto County Sheriff’s Office has released details on the apprehension of Jeff Carver, a suspect in multiple thefts from vehicles.Scioto Co...
Deon Crawford indicted in bank robbery
A Portsmouth man has been indicted on multiple charges after being arrested minutes after a bank robbery in May. Deon Perez Crawford, 42, listed as ho...
City to begin thermoplastic markings project
If you have ever held your breath wondering if someone was going to sideswipe your car as your lane shifted on Gay Street in Portsmouth, you are not a...
Southern Ohio Force tryoutsThe Southern Ohio Force will be holding tryouts for the upcoming 2016-17 travel softball season. Tryouts will be held to fi...
South Webster batting cages help memorialize Daniel Basham
SOUTH WEBSTER — Baseball is a great game. It offers players the chance to compete against one another, to grow and harness their skills on the b...
Tri-State Junior Golf Tour results
Tri-State Junior Golf TourSugarwood ResultsLavalette, WVMonday, June 20, 2016The Tri-State Junior Golf Tour held its third stop of the tour Monday, Ju...
Shockers win three over weekend
HILLSBORO — The Waverly Post 142 Shockers finished the weekend with a 3-1 record during the Hillsboro Wooden Bat Tournament. Although the Shocke...
Agony over: Cavs reign supreme
CLEVELAND — More tears. Only this time, tears of joy.Cleveland’s championship drought, crossing 52 years, generations and noted by a long ...
First Farmer’s Market fares well
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — The clouds and rain didn’t stop over 500 people from attending Main Street Portsmouth’s first Farmer’s Mark...
MAY 19 Visit Port City Cafe and Pub for a special live performance by Mike Campbell. The show begins at 7 p.m.MAY 20The Portsmouth Little Theatre̵...
CAY memorial fund established
The Scioto Foundation has announced the establishment of the new CAY Memorial Endowment Fund, created to memorialize the 92 board members who founded ...
Patter Fam Foods new venture
WHEELERSBURG Ohio — Patter Fam Foods, a full-service sauce co-packing facility, has been now approved for acidic foods manufacturing.The company...
Eye care throughout the ages
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — Opened in 1916, Babcock Eye Care celebrates four generations of family and 100 years of business this month.The Babcock famil...
Welcome to the Welcome Center
As I write this, Jason Kester, executive director of Southern Ohio Port Authority, is asking Executive Director of the Portsmouth Area Chamber of Comm...
I’m proud of where I’m from
Despite its many challenges and past experiences, we live in a great community.We live in a community that’s had a rich past and have done a goo...
Easter is over, now what?
Easter Sunday in many churches is such a spectacular sight to behold.On this religious holiday many churches experience an influx of visitors, and eve...
We aren’t just a strong community, we are family
A reoccurring comment I receive from people, from my past days as a staff writer for the Daily Times, to my current position as executive director of ...
Whatever happened to civility?
It was refreshing this week to hear the winner of a primary race speak so highly of their opponent.After Portsmouth attorney Valarie Gerlach defeated ...