The Portsmouth Business District Revisited
SOMC facility nears completion
Portraits come home to Portsmouth
Boilermakers Local 105 held Golf Scramble for Hospice
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- View Story - 5:01 pm
- $2,500 raised for animals in need - 1:49 pm
- GGAC hosting ‘Final Friday’s reception - 1:45 pm
- View Story - 12:29 pm
- New era of training for police officers - 10:46 am
- The Portsmouth Business District Revisited - 9:32 am
- DELAY IN DELIVERY ALERT: The Daily Times, Wednesday, July 27, edition - 6:59 am
- Private email issue arises at Portsmouth City Council - 4:22 pm
- Two Guys Cook open for business - 3:17 pm
- Hospice puts donations to good use - 2:36 pm
- Local author releases new novel - 2:19 pm
- A Better Way to Fight Poverty - 11:40 am
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- Gang member kept from ‘Street’ activity - 9:51 am updated: 1:46 pm.
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- Councilman compares litter laws - 2:11 pm updated: 2:38 pm.
- Local Dems eye convention - 1:31 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:27 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- Student Hunger — Not a joke - 11:58 am
- Summer reading rewarded with carnivals - 11:47 am
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- SOMC facility nears completion - 2:20 pm
- Council to deal with appropriations - 2:10 pm
- Get ready for Sloppy Seconds - 1:00 pm updated: 1:00 pm.
- Portraits come home to Portsmouth - 10:16 am
- Boilermakers Local 105 held Golf Scramble for Hospice - 9:52 am
- Retired Teachers Association awards scholarships - 9:46 am
- Three arrested in Sciotoville - 12:32 pm
- Reward offered in Rhoden family murders - 8:26 pm
- Goodbye Lori - 2:58 pm
- Department of Higher Education Announces Innovation Program Awards - 2:50 pm
- Salvation Army hosting cooling station for heated temps - 2:34 pm
- Unity Concert seeking to bring community together - 2:07 pm
- Convention cultivates secure feeling - 1:47 pm
- SSU students travel to Europe as part of summer course - 1:46 pm
- GCHD to host blood drive - 1:40 pm
- Fun in and out of the sun - 1:35 pm updated: 2:58 pm.
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Baby rescued from locked car - 4:11 pm
- Glow Run 5k set for Aug. 27 - 3:36 pm
- Delinquent taxes taking toll on schools - 3:05 pm updated: 3:47 pm.
- Red Cross announces DWOS lineup - 1:45 pm
Private email issue arises at Portsmouth City Council
If a federal government official’s use of their private email to conduct government business hasn’t reached the city of Portsmouth yet, ma...
Two Guys Cook open for business
MORGAN TOWNSHIP — Two Guys Cook, located in Morgan Township, co-owners Wortie Penix and his son, Sean Penix, opened for business late May of thi...
Hospice puts donations to good use
Hospice can be an intimidating suggestion because an individual has often been diagnosed as terminally ill, meaning their fate as already been sealed....
Local author releases new novel
Fielding Bliss has never forgotten the summer of 1984: the year a heat wave scorched Breathed, Ohio. The year he became friends with the devil.Sal see...
A Better Way to Fight Poverty
You don’t have to look very far, from any spot in America, to see what poverty looks like. For many in poverty, another way of life is something...
Find out what delegations had to say at the Democratic National Convention about jobs and fair wages on our DNC page.Click here to see the DNC page. ....
Any old port in a time of storm
The wind has never been my friend. If I’m working the shoreline with the trolling motor, the wind rises up in my face. If I turn around to go wi...
Shultz Field draws huge crowd
SOUTH SHORE, Ky. — It was a smothering hot summer evening Saturday when Shultz Field, located in South Shore, celebrated its 50th year. Despite ...
Questions remain for OSU
Summer’s heading into the back stretch. Or at least it is if you believe fall starts as soon as college football season begins.The Big Ten’...
The coming of a new sports season
As we approach the last full week of July, I’ve come to terms with the end of high school and legion baseball. To me, there’s no better sp...
Portsmouth Rough Riders Football and Cheer CampThe Notre Dame Titans will hold a football and cheer camp with the Portsmouth Rough Riders Saturday, Ju...
Back in my radio days we used to hold drives in which we filled numerous trucks with cleaning supplies and other items to send to disaster victims as ...
Horror flick not worth the hype
I didn’t really understand the appeal of 2013’s “The Conjuring.” Or rather, I didn’t understand the appeal of “The...
Bringing film to life
When it comes to the cult classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, many fans are seriously devoted. But a few are so dedicated that they decided to cre...
‘Cream of the Crop’ accepting submissions
The Southern Ohio Museum and Cultural Center is now accepting entries for the biennial juried ‘Cream of the Crop’ art show. Submissions wi...
Street Art Saturday Returns
Street Art Saturday is back. It takes place this Saturday along Second Street in Downtown Portsmouth.After you grab your fresh fruits and veggies from...
Skin Cancer awareness month
What if I told you that there is a certain type of cancer that was 100 percent preventable? Now, what if I told you that this “preventive”...
The Commissioner’s Corner
First, let me apologize for my absence in writing over the last few months. First I had extensive eye surgery making reading and writing difficult. Th...
Welcome to the Welcome Center
As I write this, Jason Kester, executive director of Southern Ohio Port Authority, is asking Executive Director of the Portsmouth Area Chamber of Comm...
I’m proud of where I’m from
Despite its many challenges and past experiences, we live in a great community.We live in a community that’s had a rich past and have done a goo...
Easter is over, now what?
Easter Sunday in many churches is such a spectacular sight to behold.On this religious holiday many churches experience an influx of visitors, and eve...
We aren’t just a strong community, we are family
A reoccurring comment I receive from people, from my past days as a staff writer for the Daily Times, to my current position as executive director of ...