2,000 feet of art – 1900’s streetcar
New amendment on condemned houses
$107 million project
3 Individuals Charged with Endangering Children
Nationwide crime spree ends in Lucasville, Ohio
- Single-car crash - 1:45 pm
- Board Notes - 1:30 pm updated: 1:30 pm.
- Dare to Dream - 12:29 pm
- Shoot, score — have fun - 11:12 am
- Hotel/Motel tax funds causes - 9:35 am
- City removes fire hydrant - 6:37 pm
- Brown urges EU to help in the fight against fentanyl - 3:07 pm
- Purdy to the Point - 3:01 pm
- Celebrity Chef — Wirty and Sean Penix - 12:01 pm updated: 3:18 pm.
- Celebrity Chef — the Putnams - 11:50 am updated: 3:19 pm.
- 9th Annual Celebrity Chef dinner and silent auction, week three— ask the chefs - 11:43 am
- Celebrity chef, Jamie Herrmann and Josh Childers bios - 11:16 am
- Celebrity chef, Patricia Parker and Ryanne Parker bios - 11:12 am
- Celebrity chef, Dr. Charles and Kristi Greiner bios - 11:10 am
- SOPA Board approves measures - 5:57 pm
- Influenza on the rise - 4:07 pm
- Security at a cost - 3:54 pm
- Police seekhelp in identifying Subway robber - 3:49 pm
- 2,000 feet of art – 1900’s streetcar - 5:39 pm
- City may extend moratorium on medical marijuana - 5:39 pm
- New amendment on condemned houses - 5:19 pm
- State sets new standards for police - 5:12 pm
- The groundhog was wrong - 3:42 pm
- Local briefs - 3:35 pm updated: 3:42 pm.
- Mike Crabtree challenges Billy Spencer - 3:00 pm updated: 7:14 pm.
Celebrity Chef — the Putnams
NAMES: Eric and Krista PutnamJOB TITLE and COMPANY: Eric is the Head Cross Country and Track Coach at Shawnee State University and Krista is a Data An...
9th Annual Celebrity Chef dinner and silent auction, week three— ask the chefs
The 9th Annual Celebrity Chef Dinner and Silent Auction is Tuesday, March 14th, at the SOMC Friends Community Center, with doors opening at 6 p.m.This...
Celebrity chef, Jamie Herrmann and Josh Childers bios
1. Names:_ Jamie Herrmann and Josh Childers________________________________________2. Job title & company_Jamie is the Ortho Care Coordinator at K...
Celebrity chef, Patricia Parker and Ryanne Parker bios
1. Names: Patricia Parker and Ryanne Parker2. Job title & company: Pat is First Lady at Pleasant Green Baptist Church, special events person and s...
Celebrity chef, Dr. Charles and Kristi Greiner bios
1. Names:__Dr. Charles and Kristi Greiner______________________________________________2. Job title & company: __Dr. Greiner is a Podiatrist and o...
SOPA Board approves measures
On Thursday, the Southern Ohio Port Authority (SOPA) passed two items that could lead to a possible $100 million investment and the creation of 60 job...
Titans Top the Tigers in Sectional Play
The Notre Dame Titans topped the New Boston Glenwood Tigers 59 – 42 in division 4 sectional semi-finals Wednesday at North West High School.R...
Men’s Basketball lose to (RV) Lindsey Wilson 71-55
Shawnee State men’s basketball fell on the road Thursday night, losing to (RV) Lindsey Wilson 71-55.The Bears kept the game close in the first h...
Women’s Basketball routs #2 Lindsey Wilson 89-73
Shawnee State women’s basketball pulled into a tie for first place in the Mid-South Conference on Thursday night, routing #2 Lindsey Wilson 89-7...
Women’s Basketball play for MSC Title against #19 Cumberland
Shawnee State women’s basketball will try to clinch a share of the Mid-South Conference regular season championship on Saturday afternoon when t...
Men’s Basketball ends regular season at Cumberland
Shawnee State men’s basketball ends the regular season on Saturday evening when they play at Cumberland (Tenn.).The Bears are 8-18 on the year a...
9th Annual Celebrity Chef Dinner and Silent Auction, Week Two— Ask the Chefs
PORTSMOUTH — The 9th Annual Celebrity Chef Dinner and Silent Auction is Tuesday, March 14th, at the SOMC Friends Community Center, with doors op...
2,000 feet of art – 1900’s streetcar
Located along Front Street in downtown Portsmouth, the murals play an important role in the towns vitality. But despite being a staple in the history ...
Paramount screens ‘To Kill a Mockingbird”
The Paramount Arts Center will show To Kill a Mockingbird on the big screen Sunday, February 26 at 3:00 pm. The movie is rated PG and is free to the p...
Know where to go
FEB. 24The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts will be presenting ‘Promises, Promises,” at 7:30. The show will run Feb. 22-25. Please contact t...
January 9Kirsten Waggoner and Justin Davis of Beaver, daughterDerrick and Sonja Griffith of Portsmouth, daughterJanuary 10Melissa Tackett and Brett De...
Trump’s Cabinet knows what it takes to succeed
The world is watching as President Donald Trump lurches forward, and for many, the early signs suggest a blend of hubris and incompetence — crea...
The broken promises of Obamacare
Republican members of Congress planning to repeal and replace Obamacare have been hosting town hall meetings with constituents and have been greeted b...
Once lost, liberal journalists’ mission suddenly found in time of Trump
Journalists “find a renewed sense of mission,” reports The New York Times.That’s nice. There is some truth to this. And it’s n...
A special appreciation
Education in America is not a popular topic. It’s almost become a political issue while the most important aspect — the education of our c...
Pre-spring fishing the float-and-fly
With the warmer weather like we had for a spell last week it’s difficult not to think, talk, and write about fishing, which is perhaps the great...
Thanks for the memories
“Thanks for the memories” was the song that Bob Hope ended his shows with and it very appropriately describes this past week. A lot of fam...