Habitat dedicates newest home
PIP Campaign kicking off for 2016
Woman dies in fire
Old Fashion Day
Shooting victim identified
- Fighting to survive - 3:43 pm
- BOE cuts ribbon on expanded office - 2:26 pm
- Alzheimer’s Walk Oct. 8 - 1:25 pm
- Habitat dedicates newest home - 1:24 pm
- Conversion facility continued - 12:43 pm
- Surmounting barriers - 12:33 pm
- Piketon funded again - 5:19 pm
- Nicholls says no proof of pledge - 12:30 pm
- PIP Campaign kicking off for 2016 - 12:29 pm updated: 9:28 pm.
- Undead by Dark — Interactive Halloween Game to be held - 12:29 pm updated: 2:16 pm.
- Woman dies in fire - 12:12 pm updated: 3:47 pm.
- Old Fashion Day - 11:19 am
- Commissioners vote to not vacate - 6:43 pm
- Pink badge of courage - 6:42 pm
- DeWine visits SSU - 6:40 pm
- Man sentenced to 3 years - 6:39 pm
- 2,000 feet of art — Alexandria settlers - 6:37 pm
- Shooting victim identified - 3:37 pm
- Grayson Gallery photography show Sept. 30 - 2:57 pm
- District finds success with programs - 1:47 pm
- Libertarian Party to hold meeting Saturday - 1:45 pm
- Portsmouth Wind Symphony ‘Music From Around the World’ concert to be held - 1:03 pm
- Roundtable series - 12:29 pm
- Record heroin bust in Raceland - 10:37 am
- Making a difference — a closer look at ‘Scioto Gives’ participants - 4:31 pm
- Bentley signs Legislative Transparency pledge - 3:11 pm
- Simon Sorghum Festival running Sept. 30-Oct.2 - 2:44 pm
- 2 shot 1 dead - 2:14 pm
- PPD investigating suspected homicide - 1:05 pm
- Healthy Bucks Saturday - 3:47 pm
- Hikers coming to town - 2:58 pm
- Wenstrup touts burial law - 2:54 pm updated: 3:02 pm.
- Portsmouth Elementary sees success with Positive Behavior Team - 2:51 pm updated: 3:27 pm.
- CDF roundtable at SSU - 2:49 pm
- Quilts still the main attraction - 2:46 pm
- Meth arrest made - 5:11 pm
- Thompson BPW leader - 1:14 pm
- Scout restores St. Patrick Catholic cemetery - 1:00 pm updated: 1:00 pm.
- MOT students continue work with Music & Memory - 12:36 pm
- New Acorn Fund for New Boston - 12:09 pm
- Brewing tradition - 11:44 am
- 22nd annual South Webster Car & Truck show benefits volunteer fire department - 8:47 am
- Pickleball tournament to benefit Steven A. Hunter Hope Fund - 8:42 am
- South Central Ohio Educational Service Center expanding services to former Daymar building - 6:14 pm
- Patrol OVI multi-agency checkpoint on US 52 tonight - 11:12 am
- Worship at West - 4:59 pm
- D&D funding in CR - 4:50 pm
- 10th Annual Steven A. Hunter tennis tournament raises $18,500 for hungry children - 4:49 pm
- ‘Move More’ week at Lose/Win - 4:43 pm
- Education Forum starts year - 2:31 pm
Undead by Dark — Interactive Halloween Game to be held
Presented by Magic Moments Photography, ‘Undead by Dark,’ an interactive Halloween game, will be held at Riverside Park, located at 15888 ...
Woman dies in fire
An elderly resident is dead as the result of a fire on Lintz Hollow Road in Lucasville, Thursday morning. According to a relative at the scene, she is...
Old Fashion Day
The Vernon Senior Over 55 Club will be celebrating their annual Old Fashion Day on Saturday, October 8, from 11 a.m. til 3 p.m. Food, including hot do...
Commissioners vote to not vacate
The Scioto County Commissioners voted Tuesday to deny a request to vacate Old River Road in West Portsmouth.A petition was filed with the commissioner...
Pink badge of courage
Beginning Oct. 1 you will be able to see the latest uniform modification if you see a member of the Scioto County Sheriff’s Office. In recogniti...
DeWine visits SSU
Judge Pat DeWine, candidate for the Ohio Supreme Court 2016 election, made a trip to Shawnee State University on Monday to speak with a group of stude...
East preps for Northwest
SCIOTOVILLE- Friday night in Sciotoville brings us a matchup of the undefeated East Tartans and the winless Northwest Mohawks. The Tartans are coming ...
Hard work could make Johnston Ray Guy winner
COLUMBUS – Ohio State punter Cameron Johnston is called on only a little more frequently than an umbrella in Phoenix but Urban Meyer’s big...
Tigers prepare to pounce on Indians
It is going to be a tough week for the Valley Indians as they will face opposition from a team that is bigger, badder and more experienced. The Indian...
Local sports briefs
Northwest Little League Board ElectionsNorthwest Little League will hold board elections Friday, September 30, 2016. The elections will take place at ...
Working for Meyer a stamp of approval for coaches
COLUMBUS – Urban Meyer’s ability to find and recruit talent is not limited to the players he puts in uniform.Meyer also seems to have shar...
New Exhibit – The Eloquent Object, on display at SOMACC
A new exhibit at the Southern Ohio Museum opened on Aug. 27, The Eloquent Object: Works by Ray Kleinlein and Jennifer Holt will be on display until No...
Rally for Red Cross
The Priesthood of Southern Ohio Chapter and Bikers for Christ Ohio Chapter “Rallied for Red” this past Saturday. This event was part of To...
Owens runs for State Board of Education
GEORGETOWN, OH – Nick Owens officially announced his candidacy for the position of State Board of Education Member representing the 10th Distric...
Clay School Board Recap
At its regular meeting on August 15, 2016, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:Approved minutes of the July meeting.Acce...
Know where to go
AUGUST 18Join Bill Kirby and other dedicated bikers every Thursday night at 6 p.m. in the parking lot behind the Lofts on Gallia Street for a bike tre...
Remember is a word that has echoed through the hearts and minds of every American in the past week as we for the 15th time think back to that clear an...
Beware Of Negative Nellie’s
Lord help me to avoid the path of those that major in negatives. These are the ones who see the glass as half empty. They see dread and disaster aroun...
Ending the silence: the times I tried to kill myself
Ending the silence: the times I tried to kill myselfJoseph Pratt“I burned it reaching into the oven.”“I had an accident when I was y...
Seeing the World in a Different Way
Living a unique life is quite interesting and exciting. My name is Bill Adams, and I’m the Self Advocacy Specialist at Star, Inc., in Portsmouth...
9/11 Reminds Us That We Are All Americans
Fifteen years ago today (Sunday) I was seeing patients in our clinic in Blue Ash, Ohio, on what seemed like a regular Tuesday morning.Not long after m...
In every article I write, I try to be ‘sunshine and rainbows,’ but lately, that’s been really hard for me to do, thanks to Internet ...