Trooper injured in crash
Santa is coming
Fun at Falloween — community gathers to celebrate fall
Funeral costs paid
Fatal crash in Pike County
- Man arrested in car theft - 12:53 pm
- Scioto Soil and Water Conservation District to hold election on Board of Supervisors Position - 5:57 pm
- Trooper injured in crash - 5:56 pm
- Santa is coming - 5:51 pm
- Fun at Falloween — community gathers to celebrate fall - 5:48 pm
- Funeral costs paid - 5:41 pm
- New laws against sugar sweetened beverages - 12:29 pm
- Fatal crash in Pike County - 3:09 pm
- Scout constructs community garden - 11:03 am
- Kroger and PPD partner for Drug Take Back - 10:23 am updated: 3:54 pm.
- OSHP Crash Update - 7:46 pm
- BREAKING NEWS; Officer injured in crash - 10:43 pm
- Education for all — SSU students hold book drive for incarcerated persons - 8:25 pm
- Eating in or out, healthy is the goal - 5:58 pm
- Ray’s faith never failed - 5:57 pm
- Freestore CEO visits Potter’s House - 5:30 pm
- PGBC hosting 13th annual ‘Trunk and Treat’ - 5:29 pm
- Recovery at South Shore opens it’s doors - 5:29 pm
- SOMC Named Among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work” - 2:55 pm
- Man arrested on drug charges - 2:32 pm
- Land bank funded - 5:27 pm updated: 5:42 pm.
- Another step for Stepping Stone - 3:59 pm
- PES stages active shooter drill - 3:56 pm
- Giving back with Community Trunk or Treat - 1:51 pm updated: 3:57 pm.
- View Story - 1:40 pm
- Senator holds roundtable in New Boston - 6:20 pm
- Locals sentenced in federal court - 4:01 pm
- Making Something Happen Part I - 1:33 pm
- Cirque d’Art to perform Dracula - 1:23 pm
- Candiates meet the public - 9:32 pm
- A last look at ‘Gives’ Participants — Scioto Gives to be held Oct. 20 - 5:06 pm
- Candidate files complaint with election board - 5:00 pm updated: 5:03 pm.
- ‘Healthy Living’ at Health Dept. - 4:31 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- Gearing up for election day - 4:11 pm
- Drug trafficking network dismantled - 8:09 pm
- Health insurance enrollment on - 4:10 pm
- Vaccine plenteous - 2:11 pm updated: 4:37 pm.
- Commissioners announce programs - 1:54 pm
- Ohio Dems roll out new strategy - 1:34 pm updated: 1:51 pm.
- Free Medicare Check-Up Day events coming to Scioto County - 6:29 pm
- Eagle Scout Truman Hash restores historic Spartan Stadium scoreboard - 4:24 pm
- Galactic Gala successful - 2:24 pm
- View Story - 2:17 pm
- Athletes give back - 2:15 pm
- View Story - 2:01 pm
- Arts endowment announced - 10:37 am
- 10 years of saving pets - 10:27 am updated: 2:56 pm.
- Attorney General DeWine Warns of Sweetheart Scams - 2:32 pm
- Painting it Pink - 5:40 pm updated: 5:44 pm.
- Fire safety at Valley Elem. - 5:16 pm
Kroger and PPD partner for Drug Take Back
Portsmouth Kroger worked in conjunction with the Portsmouth Police Department (PPD) on Oct. 22 to host a Drug Take Back Day for expired and unused pre...
OSHP Crash Update
SCIOTOVILLE – Troopers with the Portsmouth Post were in pursuit of a vehicle southbound on Bonser Run Road north of Labert Hollow Road. While at...
BREAKING NEWS; Officer injured in crash
The Portsmouth Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol are confirming to the Daily Times there was a high-speed chase this evening that resulted in an o...
Education for all — SSU students hold book drive for incarcerated persons
Students at Shawnee State University (SSU) and community members have partnered together to provide books for those who are incarcerated.Wade Thompson...
Eating in or out, healthy is the goal
Valuable information for adopting a healthy lifestyle continues to be shared at the Lose and Win For Life sessions. The sixth of the nine series of cl...
Ray’s faith never failed
On Friday, Oct. 21, 2016, the funeral of Ray Arrington, a fellow church member of Pleasant Green Baptist Church convened. Formally, it is referred to ...
Jeeps advance to district finals
It took a little longer than anticipated and caused a few anxious moments for Jeeps fans, but in the end, South Webster beat Albany Alexander 2-1 to a...
Buckeyes find misery in Happy Valley
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – It ended in a hurry.What once looked like it would be a comfortable victory quickly turned into a stunning 24-21 loss for O...
Pirates win sectional title
The Wheelersburg Pirates won a Division III Sectional Championship after beating the Rock Hill Redmen in straight sets Saturday.The Pirate volleyball ...
Trojans claim sectionals
PORTSMOUTH- The Portsmouth Trojans volleyball team shut down the Chesapeake Panthers in the sectional championships Saturday afternoon, winning in str...
Young love stopped his motor running
I came into the newsroom of the Ashland Daily Independent from an outside assignment in the mid-1990s when Tanya, who tended the main phone line, told...
Festival parade continues tradition
The sirens, thousands of people standing and sitting along the sidewalks, illustrious floats sailing melifluously through the streets equates to one t...
New Exhibit – The Eloquent Object, on display at SOMACC
A new exhibit at the Southern Ohio Museum opened on Aug. 27, The Eloquent Object: Works by Ray Kleinlein and Jennifer Holt will be on display until No...
Rally for Red Cross
The Priesthood of Southern Ohio Chapter and Bikers for Christ Ohio Chapter “Rallied for Red” this past Saturday. This event was part of To...
Owens runs for State Board of Education
GEORGETOWN, OH – Nick Owens officially announced his candidacy for the position of State Board of Education Member representing the 10th Distric...
Clay School Board Recap
At its regular meeting on August 15, 2016, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:Approved minutes of the July meeting.Acce...
A mother of “Times”
As parents we want the white picket fence and to see the joyous faces stepping down from the bus as we wait for children at the door with dinner in pr...
We’ve Got to Make Something Happen
“We’ve Got to Make Something Happen.” Those were the words the late Commissioner Doug Coleman frequently said everyone around the co...
Honoring an Ohio legend, Thomas Edison
There have been a lot of remarkable Ohioans in our history: eight presidents, Neil Armstrong, John Glenn and 22 other accomplished astronauts, Jesse O...
Visiting the National African American Museum
On Monday, Sept. 26, 2016, I was blessed to walk into the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) in our Nation...
Becoming Media Literate
Millions are expected to vote in the U.S. presidential election this November. Elections and voters are crucial to any democracy and an informed elect...
In serving the community as Executive Director of Main Street Portsmouth, I’ve made many friendships and partnerships with community leaders, mo...