Scenic Scioto Heritage Trail issues Christmas ornament
Knights of Columbus provide Coats for Kids
Attack possibly terrorism
With playoff spots at stake, Ohio St beats Michigan in 2OT
- Nutrition grant awarded to Wheelersburg Local Schools in Ohio - 11:27 am
- Small Business Saturday - 11:24 am
- Bell joins Daily Times team - 11:02 am
- New Boston holds Breakfast With Santa event - 9:50 am
- Chatfield awarded for service - 6:38 pm
- Major Toy Drive, now through Dec. 21, at the Baseball Building, hosted by Tim Martin, Dean Schuler and Dan Cassidy. - 2:35 pm updated: 2:47 pm.
- Alzheimer’s: lunch and learn series for care-givers - 4:19 pm
- Brown talks bipartisanship to the Daily Times - 4:10 pm
- NEMA GriefShare Group begins Dec. 5 - 4:04 pm
- Health Dept. syringe program moves forward - 3:50 pm
- New Boston opens Building Department - 3:44 pm
- Donini conducts internal affairs investigation - 3:43 pm updated: 3:48 pm.
- Holiday open house - 3:25 pm
- Looking Ahead - 4:17 pm
- Minford Schools will stage active shooter drill, Friday, Dec. 2 - 4:10 pm
- Wreaths Across America comes to the tri-state - 3:51 pm
- Johnson touts 21st Century Cures legislation - 3:50 pm
- FOP and Sonora helping ‘Shop With a Cop’ happen - 2:31 pm
- Stadium renovation project wins $25k - 1:18 pm
- HUD wants public housing smoke free - 5:14 pm
- Home Energy Assistance Winter Crisis Program to the rescue - 5:12 pm
- PLT to perform Christmas classic - 5:09 pm
- Cave retires from SCCS after 32 years - 5:02 pm
- Buckeye Elite is back - 5:02 pm
- Collision in Greenup, Ky. results in fatality - 4:58 pm
Health Dept. syringe program moves forward
GREENUP COUNTY, Ky. — The Greenup County Health Department (GCHD) Board of Health met Dec. 1, at the McConnell House in Wurtland, Ky. Approving ...
New Boston opens Building Department
The village of New Boston has recently established a building department to serve all commercial, industrial and four unit or more housing properties ...
Donini conducts internal affairs investigation
Scioto County Sheriff Marty V. Donini says there is no evidence to support a charge by a former inmate in the Scioto County Jail that he was physicall...
Holiday open house
Shawnee State Park Lodge will be hosting their annual Christmas open house, Sunday Dec. 4, beginning at 11 a.m.Located at 4404 B State Route 125 in We...
From an economic development perspective, the recent election of Donald Trump as President could have lasting impacts on our region and economic devel...
Minford Schools will stage active shooter drill, Friday, Dec. 2
Remember the fire drills that schools perform regularly? Or maybe you are old enough to remember the nuclear attack drills where you were told to get ...
Notre Dame hangs on to win
The Notre Dame Titans faced off against a stout Chesapeake Panthers team. The Titans came out victorious in this match-up, winning 48-36. Notre Dame...
Unbeaten SSU women travel to Georgetown
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio – Shawnee State women’s basketball finish their three game road stretch on Saturday afternoon, when they travel to Kentuc...
Lady Indians defeat Senators 40-38
LUCASVILLE—The West Lady Senators lost to the Valley Indians last night in a game that ended very close.“In my opinion, this is a game we ...
Buckeyes should like playoff decision
The jury is still out but it looks like the verdict is a foregone conclusion.If Ohio State is not one of the four teams announced as participants in t...
Burg cheerleaders donate to SOMC cause
The Wheelersburg High School Cheerleaders sold “United in Pink” t-shirts to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. Each year they donate half of...
Knights of Columbus provide Coats for Kids
If there is one thing that everyone needs this time of year it’s a good coat. Unfortunately, there are children in the area who don’t even...
NOVEMBER 29The Scioto County Right to Life will conduct its next chapter meeting on Tuesday, November 29, 2016, at 6 p.m. at 5581 State Route 139 in R...
Know where to go
Nov. 24Thanksgiving Day — The Daily Times will be closed. Regular business hours will resume Friday, Nov. 25Nov. 25Black Friday — Get the ...
Conservation contest winners announced
Winners from the Scioto Soil and Water Conservation District poster contest were recognized, Nov. 15 at the annual meeting.First place was awarded to ...
78th annual Christmas parade
Each year, the Jaycees organization hosts their Christmas parade, kicking off the Holiday season.The people of Portsmouth and the surrounding region f...
Holiday treats and sweets
The holidays can feed the soul in more ways than one. Spending time with family, friends and loved ones over a delicious well orchestrated meal is alw...
Clearing the table this Thanksgiving
I simply love the Thanksgiving holiday, and the amazing memories that this wonderful holiday can create. I can remember being a little child, hopping ...
An Era Ends At The Southern Ohio Medical Center
An era ended Saturday October 29, 2016 for SOMC. It did not end with some explosive dramatic event, but ended quietly, almost imperceptibly. Nonethele...
It’s been a very rough day
Scioto County Sheriff’s Detective Jodi Conkel, wrote the following reflections on Facebook in reaction to the story earlier this week about the ...
Mitochondria are like the batteries of a cell and a treatment for obesity might just involve changing the batteries. (1) Mitochondria make most of the...
Deer remain adaptable as numbers grow
Deer hunters carry a heavy responsibility, wildlife officials say. The general public needs them. The game departments need them in order to manage th...