The Portsmouth Business District Revisited
SOMC facility nears completion
Portraits come home to Portsmouth
Boilermakers Local 105 held Golf Scramble for Hospice
- View Story - 4:47 pm
- Crash, chase and arrests: all in a days work - 3:17 pm updated: 3:58 pm.
- PFD now responding to medical emergencies - 2:57 pm
- Land bank working towards millions - 2:50 pm
- Greenbo to receive $3.13 million for improvements - 2:42 pm
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- View Story - 5:01 pm
- $2,500 raised for animals in need - 1:49 pm
- GGAC hosting ‘Final Friday’s reception - 1:45 pm
- View Story - 12:29 pm
- New era of training for police officers - 10:46 am
- The Portsmouth Business District Revisited - 9:32 am
- DELAY IN DELIVERY ALERT: The Daily Times, Wednesday, July 27, edition - 6:59 am
- Private email issue arises at Portsmouth City Council - 4:22 pm
- Two Guys Cook open for business - 3:17 pm
- Hospice puts donations to good use - 2:36 pm
- Local author releases new novel - 2:19 pm
- A Better Way to Fight Poverty - 11:40 am
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- Gang member kept from ‘Street’ activity - 9:51 am updated: 1:46 pm.
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- Councilman compares litter laws - 2:11 pm updated: 2:38 pm.
- Local Dems eye convention - 1:31 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:27 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- Student Hunger — Not a joke - 11:58 am
- Summer reading rewarded with carnivals - 11:47 am
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- SOMC facility nears completion - 2:20 pm
- Council to deal with appropriations - 2:10 pm
- Get ready for Sloppy Seconds - 1:00 pm updated: 1:00 pm.
- Portraits come home to Portsmouth - 10:16 am
- Boilermakers Local 105 held Golf Scramble for Hospice - 9:52 am
- Retired Teachers Association awards scholarships - 9:46 am
- Three arrested in Sciotoville - 12:32 pm
- Reward offered in Rhoden family murders - 8:26 pm
- Goodbye Lori - 2:58 pm
- Department of Higher Education Announces Innovation Program Awards - 2:50 pm
- Salvation Army hosting cooling station for heated temps - 2:34 pm
- Unity Concert seeking to bring community together - 2:07 pm
- Convention cultivates secure feeling - 1:47 pm
- SSU students travel to Europe as part of summer course - 1:46 pm
- GCHD to host blood drive - 1:40 pm
- Fun in and out of the sun - 1:35 pm updated: 2:58 pm.
GGAC hosting ‘Final Friday’s reception
GRAYSON, Ky. —More than 24 regional artists will be exhibiting nearly 60 pieces in several different mediums for the monthly Final Fridays Art W...
SHEARSIRONTON-Carol L. Jones Shears, 71, of Ironton died Friday, July 22, 2016. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Saturday July 30, 2016 at Phillips Fune...
New era of training for police officers
The assailant comes out the door firing. You take him down……you missed the guy with the rifle coming out the back door. Your wife is a wid...
The Portsmouth Business District Revisited
Nostalgia filled the air as Carolyn Cottrell, the supervisor of local history at the Portsmouth Public Library spoke at the final meeting of the Ameri...
DELAY IN DELIVERY ALERT: The Daily Times, Wednesday, July 27, edition
DELAY IN DELIVERYThe Daily Times, Wednesday, July 27, editionDue to mechanical issues beyond our control you can expect delivery by early afternoon. P...
Private email issue arises at Portsmouth City Council
If a federal government official’s use of their private email to conduct government business hasn’t reached the city of Portsmouth yet, ma...
Dantonio: QB race not settled
CHICAGO – Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio says Tyler O’Connor is in the lead to be the starting quarterback for the Spartans t...
Historic night at PRP
History was made at Portsmouth Raceway Park Saturday night as wingless sprint cars returned to PRP for the first time since 1995.The Rick’s Truc...
Shultz Field draws huge crowd
SOUTH SHORE, Ky. — It was a smothering hot summer evening Saturday when Shultz Field, located in South Shore, celebrated its 50th year. Despite ...
Questions remain for OSU
Summer’s heading into the back stretch. Or at least it is if you believe fall starts as soon as college football season begins.The Big Ten’...
Tartans getting new locker room
SCIOTOVILLE — The East Tartan football team will get to enjoy a renovated locker room during the 2016 season. While members of the team were out...
Back in my radio days we used to hold drives in which we filled numerous trucks with cleaning supplies and other items to send to disaster victims as ...
Horror flick not worth the hype
I didn’t really understand the appeal of 2013’s “The Conjuring.” Or rather, I didn’t understand the appeal of “The...
Bringing film to life
When it comes to the cult classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, many fans are seriously devoted. But a few are so dedicated that they decided to cre...
‘Cream of the Crop’ accepting submissions
The Southern Ohio Museum and Cultural Center is now accepting entries for the biennial juried ‘Cream of the Crop’ art show. Submissions wi...
Street Art Saturday Returns
Street Art Saturday is back. It takes place this Saturday along Second Street in Downtown Portsmouth.After you grab your fresh fruits and veggies from...
I will heal their land
I am honored this year to be the first to read scripture in the rotunda of the Scioto County Courthouse on Wednesday, May 4 at 12 noon, as a part of t...
Skin Cancer awareness month
What if I told you that there is a certain type of cancer that was 100 percent preventable? Now, what if I told you that this “preventive”...
The Commissioner’s Corner
First, let me apologize for my absence in writing over the last few months. First I had extensive eye surgery making reading and writing difficult. Th...
Welcome to the Welcome Center
As I write this, Jason Kester, executive director of Southern Ohio Port Authority, is asking Executive Director of the Portsmouth Area Chamber of Comm...
I’m proud of where I’m from
Despite its many challenges and past experiences, we live in a great community.We live in a community that’s had a rich past and have done a goo...
Easter is over, now what?
Easter Sunday in many churches is such a spectacular sight to behold.On this religious holiday many churches experience an influx of visitors, and eve...