New Boston PD Robbery Suspect
Local businesses helped
Dispute turns deadly
3 dead, deputy wounded after shooting, fire in Kentucky
Davis elected chairman
- 80 years later - 5:43 pm
- Breaking Barriers of Inequality — Women March on Washington - 5:41 pm
- Raise amendment to city manager’s contract to be considered - 2:46 pm
- Secretary of State Jon Husted reflects on Trumps first 100 days in office - 1:19 pm
- WSest Portsmouth man charged with sex with a minor - 12:24 pm
- NDHS students raise funds for new uniforms - 10:35 am
- Scioto County Sheriff’s Office weekly report - 10:00 am
- Untangling the truth - 3:39 pm
- Portsmouth City Honor Roll - 2:31 pm
- Scioto Tech Honor Roll - 2:25 pm
- Locals reflect on being in DC for inauguration - 1:21 pm
- Women’s rights central in protest - 12:32 pm
- Noel creates 10-second tool - 9:56 am
- Six arrested in drug operation - 4:43 pm
- Sowkulech named medicaid services manager at SCBDD - 2:32 pm
- SCBDD keeps Barnett president, Thoroughman vice president - 2:27 pm
- Carl Hayden arraigned on murder charges - 12:58 pm
- Red Cross celebrates 100th - 12:08 pm
- Heartbreak: bittersweet moment - 11:16 am
- A lotta gall - 10:26 am
- Perry commits to visit Piketon - 4:34 pm
- Land bank begins to acquire property - 3:02 pm
- Bo Vallandingham joins elite squad - 2:58 pm
- Wilma Erwin nominated for LifeChanger of the Year award - 1:51 pm updated: 10:01 am.
- Lucas Purdy nominated to West Point and Merchant Marine academies - 3:58 pm
Scioto Tech Honor Roll
All “A” Honor RollEric Allen, Shawn Armstrong, Connor Barnett, Zachary Barnett, Savanna Blanton, Derrick Brown, Douglas Bryant, Jonathan C...
Locals reflect on being in DC for inauguration
The crowd was enthusiastic as they sat in the rain and listened to Donald J. Trump give his first address as president of the United States Friday on ...
Women’s rights central in protest
One of the necessary freedoms enjoyed in America is the First Amendment freedom of speech, and thousands expressed that freedom in protest during Frid...
Noel creates 10-second tool
On a hot summer day in 2010, Roy Noel was eager to get his hay put up. However, he had the unenviable task of trying to connect his baling equipment t...
Six arrested in drug operation
Narcotics officers have confiscated 45 grams of suspected heroin and over $1,700 cash in the arrest of six people on Thursday. Colin D. Fisher, 34; Mi...
Sowkulech named medicaid services manager at SCBDD
The Medicaid Services Manager works closely with the Service and Support Administration and Finance departments to provide technical assistance and mo...
Lady Tigers shoot, win
The Ironton Lady Tigers scored a huge win Thursday night, defeating the Portsmouth Trojans 75-35 at home.The Tigers had several impressive players roc...
Titans nearly double Clay score in power win
The Notre Dame girls basketball fought for a large win over the Clay Lady Panthers Thursday night at home.“We got off to a great start defensive...
Double loss stings Hornets
Ironton’s Kyle Adkins played some aggressive offense, leading the game Friday night as the Tigers beat the Coal Grove Hornets 54-41 in Hornet te...
Women’s Basketball fall late to #4 Lindsey Wilson 84-78
Shawnee State women’s basketball fell short on Saturday afternoon, falling to #4 Lindsey Wilson 84-78 in the NAIA Game of the Week.The game was ...
Tigers take Tartans
It was a victorious Thursday night for the New Boston Lady Tigers, who defeated the East Tartans 51-37 at home.New Boston Head Coach Kayla Wiley expla...
George R. Barry Community Endowment announced
The Scioto Foundation has announced the creation of a new Acorn Fund, the George R. Barry Community Endowment, an unrestricted fund established by a P...
First round OVRDC county caucus scheduled
The Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission (OVRDC) is holding its annual county caucus reorganization meeting for Scioto County on Feb. 2, 2017, ...
Portsmouth Public Library Programs
The week of January 23 – Jan. 28, 2017.Story Times:Monday, January 23 – Toddler Time (ages 2 – 3) at 11am at LucasvilleTuesday, Janu...
‘Resurrection of Gavin Stone’ is a new take on Christian-themed movies
Here are three descriptors for a movie that you thought you’d never see placed together: “faith-based,” “comedy” and ...
Film about 1960s black mathematicians tops MLK weekend
NEW YORK — “Hidden Figures,” the uplifting film about African-American mathematicians at NASA during the 1960s space race, led the N...
A ceremony of stability for a shake-it-up president
WASHINGTON — No ritual embodies the stability of the American government more than an inauguration. And no one in modern times has arrived for t...
Women’s March hardly inclusive if it excludes pro-life women
Call it the “People With Uteruses Who Hate Donald Trump March.” Or the “Birth Control, Not Self Control March.” Or the “...
Hope the pigs are not in the mud
“Hold on here, I’ve got it somewhere,” I said to a friend as I shuffled through a stack of newspapers on my cluttered desk looking f...
The best template for Trump’s inauguration speech? Nixon’s?
Even before his inauguration, Donald Trump has notched up at least one dubious achievement: He’ll be the first modern president to enter the Whi...
What we can learn from Washington’s Farewell Address
With the inauguration of a new president, it seems timely to study the words of the first one, who set the mechanism of our presidential process into ...
Obama’s legacy is one of not taking risks, not thinking big
Nobody thinks Margaret Thatcher’s claim on posterity is that she was Britain’s first female prime minister. Admirers and critics alike kno...